If you spot me sporting a foxy smile, I will tell you, Firefox is one of the reasons!
Of course, Firefox will tell you why use firefox, but here are my reasons, primarily for better usability.
Searching for a text on a web page is lot easier
* You can set up to start the search as you type in the text, how cool is that!
* Search entry window is NOT a popup, so dont have to move the popup to see if theres search result behind it!
* You can instantaneously highlight the all the matches of the search!
Has an inbuilt download manager
* You can keep track of the current download and the previous downloads in a single window.
* Even access the previous downloads, open the download folder from the manager, even while you download.
* You can ask the download manager to retry the download for a failed download.
Changing the text size
* Now you can increase or decrease the text size infinitely larger or infinitely smaller just by using CTRL++ or CTRL-- keys! (compare that IE that gives only 5 size options)
Short history available from Menu
Previously visited web pages are easily available from menu, so you can easily go back without visiting the Full History section. And that's available even on a new session.
Inbuilt search bar
A single search bar to search across multiple search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Amazon, Dictionary or Ebay. You can add your own search engine too.
Inbuilt pop-up blocker
You dont have to download another plugin for popup blocking. Also blocks all plugins that automatically download.
You dont have to switch between different levels of security , allow download for one, and forget to reset, thus making your machine vulnerable to spy-wares.
Bookmarking has got a manager
Managing your bookmarks (favorites) is novice-friendly and lot easier now. Try it for your self, you will love it.
Fireup Firefox, Enjoy web browsing.